Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wounded Warriors Mothers Day Event












Tami Elliott, the president of the ladies auxiliary to the veterans of foreign wars, had a special project for the year. She contacted Danita Dahl, the recreations coordinator of the Wounded Warrior transition program at Fort Lewis and together they planned a wonderful Mothers Day event for some very special ladies. The theme Tami chose was 'Pay it forward: because we care'.

Each of the 14 women in attendance are either an active duty military person who has been wounded on foreign soil, or they are married to someone who was. They were each nominated to receive the most amazing day at Club Biella Salon and Spa. They each had several fabulous spa treatments: massages, facials, pedicures, razul mud baths, manicures. They received a catered lunch and if their children were small enough to need it, their child care costs were even covered!

Several husbands even stopped in to check on their wives and everyone commented on what a wonderful and special treat the day was.

I was so pleased to be able to volunteer my services and take pictures along the way. What a joy these women were. Thank you for all you ladies do!

Her are a few excerpts from their nominations:

As the wife of an infantry soldier, my wife is often mother, father, and caretaker of my children...I love her and consider her more than my soul mate. I consider her the love of my life. -SSG Hicks ...

She makes me feel calm when I deploy knowing that I do not have to worry
about my family at home. She is a great person, and to know Kathy is to love her. -SSG Saka

I would like to nominate my beautiful wife Karen for a day of pampering, because of her unwaivering devotion throughout my seven years of military service. -SGT Fortune

No comments: