Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring Break


I love Spring Break!

I just spent the last week down in Oregon at my parents. My parents are usually crazy active and always have something going on.

Remember when razor scooters first came out? My parents bought a pair and for a while every Sunday morning they were 'scooting' to a local bakery to have coffee and pastries for breakfast. Then they decided to run a marathon (which my hubby and I got to be the crazy paparazzi taking pictures the whole way!). They were awesome!

This time, as I was driving down I got a call from dad saying he was on his way to the emergency room. He had split his lip open teaching my nephew how to do a flip.... (several stitches later, mom's new name for him is 'fat lip'!) Then we weren't there barely a day when my mom tripped on a bedspread and we were off to the emergency room again. Mom has a sprained ankle (dad's new name for her is 'gimpy'- sigh....) So we were slightly less busy this time.

But, I have to say, my mom and dad are so cool! What an example of a great (if somewhat crazy) marriage. It's been almost 50 years! I walked into dad's new workshop and saw this picture on the door. Awww- how cute is that!

No comments: